In light of the current economy (and pretty much all the time), I am a big fan of free food. Just saw this ad for a free Kashi Frozen Entree coupon and thought I would share, you can request it at their site. I have tried their cereals, and think they are very good. I’ve never actually tried the frozen entrees, so I can’t vouch for their taste, but, I quickly perused the frozen entree offerings, and they look pretty good. Lots of fiber per serving, as is usual with frozen food though, a good bit of sodium. If anyone has ever tried them, let me what you think.
Charisse McElwaine MS, RD, CDN
I am a registered dietitian (RD) and a certified dietitian nutritionist (CDN) with a Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition from New York University.
I’m also a self-professed food geek with a keen interest in providing the most honest and factual information about diet and nutrition that I can.
This blog features lots of my recipe “experiments.” My attempts at making healthy versions of foods that might be traditionally high in fat or calories.
I'm also a big fan of fruits and vegetables and the various health benefits than can be achieved by consuming them.
Check back frequently for the most up to date information on health and nutrition.
Ask the Nutritionist
I am always looking for inspiration, so please email me your questions and I will be happy to feature them on Fashionably Healthy.
Email me your questions at: email@example.com
Celebrity Chef Children Constipation cooking Coupon Diabetes Dietary Supplements Diet Tips Disease Exercise fiber Fitness Food Food Recalls Food Safety Food Shopping Free health Hypertension low calorie Low Carb Paleo Peanut Recall Product Review Public Health recipes The Biggest Loser Uncategorized vegetarian Weight Loss
- Kiwi & Dragon Fruit Salsa
- You Shakshuka Me All Night Long
- Miso Hungry Noodles
- National Popcorn Day
- Tabbouleh or Not Tabbouleh
- Speculoos Cookie Butter Cream Cheese Toast
- Breakfast Mise en Place
- Noodles with Minced Pork and Bean Sauce (Zha Jiang Mian)
- Fruit Inspiration
- Rainbow Roasted Vegetables
- EFSA: 400mg of caffeine a day is safe
- Time for Dinner? Okie Dokie Artichokie and a side of veggies for 225 Calories
- Garlicky Baby Bok Choy
- Paleo Noodles
- Sauteed Kale with Cashews and Pyramid Salt
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Kiwi & Dragon Fruit SalsaBeen experimenting with using fruit in a savory way lately (especially if I let it sit around too long 😂) Chopped onions, vinegar and olive oil brought the kiwi and dragon fruit together beautifully. #Thanksgiving Filed under: cooking, Food, health, low calorie, vegetarian
- You Shakshuka Me All Night LongHad a very good summer as far as tomatoes go, and find myself making this dish which I’d heard about but never actually made until I found a great recipe in a book by Sally Butcher called New Middle Eastern Street Food: Snacks, Comfort Food and Mezze. It’s basically a tomato and vegetable stew which […]
- Miso Hungry NoodlesStill feeling like I need soups over salads while it has been chilly lately. Kinda burned out on stews and the slow cooker for awhile, but, the delicate Japanese broth known as miso has been so good for a quick meal. I’m not crazy about how salty the packets are, but, you can always dilute […]
- National Popcorn DayI don’t usually pay much attention to the “Food Days” that come up, but, when I saw that today was National Popcorn Day, first thing I thought of was the Ethiopian coffee ceremony. I probably could come up with an excuse to talk about coffee any day of the week, but, this is a unique […]
- Tabbouleh or Not TabboulehThat is the question. Well, not really, but I need a loose recipe goal in mind sometimes, so that’s where I’m at today. Found myself hungry, but also motivated…Leftover whole wheat couscous at my disposal, which in all honesty is dry as sh*t. Had a pretty good set of veggies also, so when all else […]
- Speculoos Cookie Butter Cream Cheese ToastI made the fatal mistake of food shopping while hungry yesterday. I know toast is like “a thing” these days, but I did not know that cookie butter cream cheese was! Leave it to Trader Joe’s to come up with such a bad ass spread. You might be asking yourselves, is that even healthy? I’m […]
- Breakfast Mise en PlaceThis is my set up for breakfast (when kids sleep late, so yeah, not that often.) You could always get the ingredients ready beforehand and have them available. Either way, just chop it all up and heat up a pan and you are ready to go. Here are my ingredients: Garlic Onions Chives Fresh […]
- Noodles with Minced Pork and Bean Sauce (Zha Jiang Mian)I got very inspired late last night reading a beautiful cookbook “The Food of Taiwan” by Cathy Erway. Since it was late and I probably shouldn’t have been eating OR cooking, I picked a pretty quick recipe, Noodles with Minced Pork and Fermented Bean Sauce. Most of the ingredients are common pantry items and things […]
- Fruit InspirationI did a double take when I saw the name “sumo” as I was perusing the produce section of Whole Foods. Was this another crazy marketing ploy? First the “Paleo” section at the salad bar and now this! But it seems there is a type of mandarin orange called a Sumo Citrus. It looks a […]
- Rainbow Roasted VegetablesI have to admit, I am not a huge carrot fan. I like them well enough, but, I don’t go out of my way to eat them regularly (I know deep in my soul this is probably a holdover from a long ago experiment with the Atkins diet, for shame!) They are a staple in […]
- Kiwi & Dragon Fruit Salsa
An⚡It on Noodles with Minced Pork and B… dietbeach on Breakfast Mise en Place eatingwellnyc on Breakfast Mise en Place dietbeach on Noodles with Minced Pork and B… Jenny Belle on Noodles with Minced Pork and B…